Encouraging results for the Health Coop
It is with great satisfaction that we share the main accomplishments of the Health Coop since it started, on August 1st 2012, to administer the medical clinic located at 620 Ave de Buckingham.
- The improvement in services to the community in 2015 clearly demonstrated the importance of the expansion project that added 14 new rooms to the Health Coop in 2014.
- A fund raiser collected $111,000 to equip these new rooms as well as modernize others. We proudly post the names of these donators on the doors of these rooms.
- Seven (7) doctors and a clinical nurse specialist joined the cooperative since 2012. By the end of 2015, 18 doctors and a clinical nurse specialist were serving the community at the Health Coop.
- More than 13,000 people have a family physician at the Coop, an increase of more than 60% since 2012.
- The services of the walk-in clinic are now available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 9 pm, and on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 1 pm.
- The Coop treated 15,000 patients at the walk-in clinic in 2015. This is a significant increase when compared to the 8,700 patients who used the walk-in clinic in 2014.
- Additional services were added such as for ultrasounds, massage therapy and PAP test clinics.
- Five (5) employees were hired since 2012. At the end of 2015, our coordinator and 13 other employees provided the administrative support to the physicians and the other health professionals.
A health care cooperative is a health clinic administered by its members under the rules of cooperative action according to the collective needs of the community. A Health Coop emulates a non-profit organisation.
- A strong representation of the community within the cooperative is essential.
- Despite its 1,700 members in good standing, the Health Coop still hopes to reach its initial goal of 2,100 members.
- Becoming a member of the cooperative is supporting a local initiative for the welfare of our community.
Members have rebates on non-insured services and auxiliary fees at the Health Coop. In addition, our partners GYM Max, Uniprix, Physiothérapie de la Lièvre and the dentist Dr. Jacques Bourgon will continue to offer rebates to our members in good standing.
The success of the Coop depends on its members, the generosity of our donors, the dedication of the health professionals and of the employees as well as the involvement of the volunteers.
I particularly want to highlight the excellent work of our Coordinator, Claire Aubry, and that of the other individuals with whom I have the privilege of serving as volunteers on the Board of Directors; Armand Renaud (Vice-President), Louise Barabé (Treasurer), André Tremblay (Secretary) and the Directors Linda Raby, Louiselle Rioux, Stéphane Deshaies, Dre Mélanie Lacasse and Dr Martin Lacasse.
Carl Yank - President of the Health Coop