The following section contains the press releases and the presentation of the project for a Health Coop.
(Click on the title to view the entire document)
The press release of November 9th, 2014
- With the addition of a 6th and 7th doctor, the Coop now has 18 doctors and a nurse practitioner. The Coop now offers walk-in clinics on Monday to Friday evenings as well as on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
The press release of August 18th, 2014
- A 5th doctor joins the Health Coop since 2012 bringing 4,000 new patients to the Clinic.
The press release of May 2nd, 2014
- The Health Coop offers walk-in clinics two nights per week and prepares to open the expansion of the Clinic.
The press release of October 7th, 2013
- The Construction work to expand the Health Coop is started.
The press release of March 25th, 2013
- The Annual General Assembly presents the first year of operation of the Health Coop.
The press release of February 27th, 2013
- The Coop will be expanding the health Clinique
The press release of October 22, 2012
- A second new doctor joins the Coop and the need for an expansion project is announced.
The press release of September 10th, 2012
- Presentation of the Coop logo and announcement of a new doctor joining the Coop.
The press release of July 18th, 2012
- With over 1,400 members in support, the Health Coop takers over the ownership of the
Buckingham Health Clinic on August 1st. A coordinator is hired for the Coop.
The press release of March 20th, 2012
- The Coop has 1,335 members. The search for a coordinator continues and the members of the Board of Directors prepare to take charge of the Medical Clinic.
The notice of the Annual General Meeting of November 30th 2011
- The agenda of the first general meeting of the founding members of the Health Coop.
The press release of October 31st, 2011
- The Health Coop obtains its legal statute and more than 1,000 citizens have applied for membership.
The press release of September 8th, 2011
- More than 650 citizens have requested membership in the future Coop. The provisional committee initiates the process to obtain the legal statutes for the Coop.
The public meeting of June 22nd, 2011 (Video in French)
- The provisional committee presents a project to create a Health Coop
that would take charge of the Buckingham Health Clinic
Information session on creating a Health Cooperative for the Basse-Lièvre
The press release of June 3rd, 2011.
- The members of the provisional committee invite the population to a public meeting.
The press release of January 27th, 2011
- The Caisse populaire Desjardins de la Basse-Lièvre donates $10,000 to the provisional committee. This enables the financing of a feasibility study for a health cooperative. More than 1,100 individuals answer the survey and 90% show support for the project.
The press release of November 29th, 2010
- Concerned by the future of the basic health services, citizens form a provisional committee to establish a health cooperative. A survey is launched to confirm the interest by the community for such a project.